We are regularly asked for a short summary of the health benefits of fresh cinnamon. Here it is.
Cinnamon reduces blood-sugar levels in some people – particularly good for type 2 diabetics - and lowers bad cholesterol.
Cinnamon is also a good alternative sweetener, helping with weight control – simply sprinkle freshly grated cinnamon on your coffee or cereal instead of sugar for a sweet, healthier alternative.
Other reported health benefits of cinnamon are:
- Reduces pain in arthritis sufferers
- Has an anti-clotting effect on the blood
- Boosts the body’s immune system
- Stops medication-resistant yeast infections
- Relieves indigestion
- Reduces the proliferation of leukaemia and lymphoma cancer cells
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Preserves food by inhibiting bacterial growth and food spoilage
- Is a great source of vital nutrients, including calcium, manganese, iron and fibre
- Boosts cognitive function and memory